Well, I haven't exactly been keeping up this blog lately. Since Christina and I went on our getaway trip to Astoria a few months back life has been pretty much non-stop. Here's what's going on around the Henderson house:
- Miriam is now responding to "yes" and "no" questions with very prominent nods and head shakes. It's fun and we can't help but laugh at her drama as she reinforces that yes, she can in fact tell us what she wants now.
- We are exploring the possibility of buying a home. We've made incredible progress on paying off our out-of-business debt and we're seeing if we can build a home and wrap the remaining debt into the equity. The market in this area continues to climb and we don't want to wait longer than we need to lest we never be able to afford a home. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
- Christina's sister and her kids were here for a few weeks. The kids have enjoyed playing with their cousins and we've enjoyed visiting with Cathie.
- We've all been passing bugs back and forth. It's been quite the winter and spring as far as health goes. Yuck! I'm hoping for healthy summer months.
- My good friend Jeremy and I went on our third annual weekend road trip. This time we drove only 2000 miles, concentrating on eastern Oregon. Again I came back amazed at the diversity of Oregon's landscape.
- At SAIF my team of three is about to be just me. JD left in December and Brigitte is about to have her first baby. We're currently in interviews for JD's replacement, but the summer is definitely looking busy for me while I attempt to hold the fort down and cross-train our new hire. The good news is that the work days are going by fast.
- I'm working on a web site for Western Architectural. A temporary home page based on the new design is up, the full site will take a few more months of work.
I'm sure there is more that we are doing, but hope this summarizes the important parts that are keeping us busy!
You are a busy guy. Nice to see you're still getting the blog out. Every now and then, that is.
Post a Comment